To be on the Out of Work list, you must have a current First Aid/CPR card and a current work related certification (IE: Plumbing licenses for the Plumbing List or Welder Certifications for the Welder List). Please come into the Union Hall located at 610 W 54th Avenue in Anchorage, Alaska. One of our friendly staff can assist you in signing the books.

If you are unable to come into the office to sign the books, you may submit a request in writing listing the following:

  1. Date
  2. Your printed name and UA member number
  3. Company you were working for and date of termination (if you were working)
  4. Out of Work list you want to be put on (IE: Plumber, Fitter, Apprentice, etc.)
  5. Indicate if you want to be on the long call list and the short call list (if Journeyman), or long call only
  6. Contact phone number
  7. Your signature


The request may be faxed or emailed, as long as your signature is on the page. If there is no signature, you will be contacted to have the request resubmitted with the necessary signature.

If qualifications are not met, you will be called and notified you could not be put on the Out of Work List and why.

If you have any questions, please call the Hall at 907-562-2810 for assistance.

To view the Out Of Work List, go to Quick Links section in the footer area below and click on the “Out of Work List”. A password is required and you must be a current Building Trades Member or Signatory Contractor in order to access the lists. If you do not know the password, please call the office at 907-562-2810.